Breastfeeding Support & Counselling
We offer one on one individualized breastfeeding counselling from both a mainstream and Naturopathic perspective. Dr. Natasha Montroy, ND has completed the Douglas Collage Breastfeeding Course for Healthcare providers, is a mother of two and has had over 15 years of experience working with pregnant and breastfeeding moms. She offers a natural integrated approach to address challenges such as poor latching, blocked ducts, poor milk production, mastitis, painful breastfeeding, sore nipples, inverted nipples, and concerns with breastfeeding.
- Nutritional counseling for breastfeeding mom's
- Supplementation for lactation support
- Botanical medicines
- Pharmaceutical treatment options for lactation support
- Support for mothers and babies unable to breastfeed for a variety of reasons. We offer formula counselling and recommendations.
- Birth control counselling for breastfeeding mothers
- Medication counselling for breastfeeding mothers
Breast Feeding Resources
- Breastfeeding Matters Victoria
- Victoria La Leche League
- BC Baby Friendly Network
- Thomas Hale
- Dr. Nice Book: Non Prescription Drugs for Breastfeeding Mothers
- Dr. Jack Newman's Breast Feeding Inc.
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International
- Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
- The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins
- The Breastfeeding Answer Book by La Leche League
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by Dr. Jack Newman
- Carol Arndt: Breast Pump Rental: (250) 813-7370